Monday, December 7, 2015

WDW: Our Adventure Begins!

Monday, December 7, 2015

I've been thinking about what to pack for this trip as long as I can remember.  I'm so glad to have finally zipped up the last bag and put that task behind me!  Britton went to work early this morning and while he was gone I crossed off the final tasks on my to-do list.  I can't tell you how satisfying that was for me.  I've had an ongoing list for-ev-er.

Karly came by with some goodies for the kiddos.  Nobody I know has a more complete knowledge of the Disney parks, so she gave me lots of last minute tips and brought the kids pjs, tsums, and goodies for their trip.  These kids LOVE their Kaw-rly.


While Karly entertained the kids, we finished packing, loaded up the car and took off for Dallas.  It was no small feat fitting all that luggage into the BMW.  


Once in Dallas, we met up with some friends from our Pauls Valley days.  It was so great to see David, Brandy & Reed!  We ate at Gas Monkey Bar & Grill, a great restaurant right near the airport.  

Miles and Reed haven't seen each other since they were probably 3 or 4 years old, so they didn't really remember being buddies.  But they hugged each other "hello" and never missed a beat the rest of the evening.  


Pretty much the same thing happened for the big kids too.  It's so good to have the kind of friends that stand the test of time and change.  Though years and geography have separated us, it was as if we'd never missed a day.  



We haven't even seen Mickey yet, and things are off to a great start!  

No comments:

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts