*****
We returned to Riverside for a bit of afternoon rest and dinner at Boatwright's Dining Hall. It is the restaurant in our resort and serves cajun cuisine with southern hospitality. It was DELICIOUS!
Unfortunately, Britton developed a terrible migraine after dinner. I convinced him (and myself) that I could handle the kids at Magic Kingdom for a few hours and we left our room again around 8:30 pm.
We walked from our room to the bus stop and waited for probably 10 minutes. At that point, everyone declared they had to go to the bathroom. So we walked back to the room (about the length of 3 football fields). Britton probably thought I was insane by this point, but we bathroomed, walked back to the bus stop, waited another 10 minutes or so for our bus and got to MK around 9:15-9:30.

We had one goal.
Operation: Find Mickey.
And we most certainly did!
With only a 10 minute (maybe less) wait.

Mickey had a "bit" that he did with each child/family. A joke, a song, etc. When it came time for us to visit with Mickey (because he did indeed talk, unlike all the other Mickey meet & greets across Disney World), he brought the magic like you wouldn't even believe.
He said "You know what? This morning, I got to ride on a great, big train. How about we pretend that we're choo-choo trains?!"


As they paraded around the room I just stood there with tears rolling down my face. I can't explain it, but Britton wasn't feeling good, I had the kids (nervously) all by myself at Magic freakin' Kingdom, and Mickey was like, "TRAINS!". I texted my sister "Mickey really is magical." But truly, in that moment, in this crazy way, God was showing me His love.
So once Operation: Find Mickey was complete, we walked next door and saw Tinkerbell. Boy, was she a talker! She never quit telling stories about herself and her fairy friends the entire time we were standing there.


After the photo, as the cast members began to usher us out and the next family in, Emmett said "Wait!!! I didn't get to ask her where's Peter Pan!!!???" She didn't exactly give him a chance to, so as soon as the family was done with their photo he sprinted to her and asked. She told him "Off sword fighting with that old Captain Hook, of course!", and that was good enough for him.
Afterward we saw Celebrate the Magic, a projection show on the castle. The castle comes alive like an enchanted canvas and there's music to accompany the show. It's amazing!
| Lanterns from Tangled. |
| "It all started with a Mouse." |
The kids were pretty exhausted by this point and were asking to leave, so we documented our successful evening and hit the road.

I couldn't have made it back without Miles. Emmett and Ella both fell asleep on the bus ride back. As I carried a sleeping Emmett, he pushed his very tired sister.

We crashed where we landed when we got back.


No comments:
Post a Comment