We returned to Epcot Sunday evening and it began to rain as soon as we entered the park. We were lucky that this was the only rain we encountered on the entire trip and kind of happy to finally pull out the ponchos I had gone to all the trouble of purchasing.
We had dinner reservations at a restaurant in Epcot's Norway called Akershus.
It's not just any dinner.
It's dinner with Disney princesses.
And this little girl was excited!


Belle was there to greet us as we entered the restaurant.
Miles reminded her of his award winning role as Beast (Day 2) and "rawr-ed".


Emmett fell asleep on the way in, so I was holding him as they sat us at a lovely table 3 feet from the buffet. As our server, a young man from Norway who had only completed his training that week, took our drink orders, Emmett raised his head off my shoulder and launched vomit all over himself, me and the floor beside the buffet line.
I rushed off to the ladies room to clean us up and when I came back the very kind staff had moved us to another table in another room (far away from the buffet). Emmett bounced back, I changed his clothes (I had a change of clothes packed since he's 3) and we placed our food order. I did not have a change of clothes, so I quickly ran across to a souvenir shop in Norway to see if I could find another shirt. Britton kindly told me I could buy whatever I wanted. It was brutal. I had basically crawled in the bathroom sink to rinse myself, so I looked like a drowned rat and smelled much worse. $35 later, I had a Norwegian viking T-shirt (that I would have never bought otherwise, but it was the best I could find) and was welcomed back to the table.

Right after I got back....
Emmett puked again. This time most of the damage was on the floor (and my feet/Chacos). I quickly covered the mess with all the rags on the table and ran off to the ladies room.
While I was gone, Jasmine & Ariel came to the table.
Typically, you wait 10-15 minutes between characters, but for some strange reason all four of them showed up at once. The management of the restaurant was probably going "MAYBE THE PUKE FAMILY WILL LEAVE ONCE THEY SEE THE PRINCESSES" and sent them over in a whirlwind.
When I came out of the bathroom with Emmett, I saw Cinderella was standing on the pile of vomit rags. I looked at Britton with big eyes and he just shrugged. He later told me that Jasmine appeared when he wasn't looking and stood right there. Then all the other princesses follow suite and he didn't have the heart to tell them to move.
In an unprecedented matter of 5 minutes, we saw all the princesses of Akershus.
We got our food to-go and bolted out the door as fast as we could. You can see that Emmett looks fine. I don't believe he was ever really sick, but had consumed TOO MUCH JUNK FOOD throughout the day (much of while I was napping in the room that afternoon). I apologized profusely to the restaurant manager and she was so kind. She touched my shoulder and said "that's not even the first time that has happened today". Customer service at Disney World is beyond amazing.
Britton and I laughed for a really long time about the princesses-standing-in-the-puke-thing as we sat on the ground, in the rain, eating our $150 meal with plastic forks. Honestly, we didn't eat much after all the puking. We pretty much threw our $150 worth of food in the Disney trash cans. (Don't worry, it was all part of the FREE dining plan we got when we booked our trip, wahoo!)
Emmett fell asleep again, so we decided to try to stay for the fireworks show at World Showcase.

If you have to deal with puke in a restaurant (TWICE), I guess at least when you leave, it's awesome to have some rain to wash you clean and some fireworks to watch. See? Disney World makes everything seem better.
Once we got back at the resort around 11:30 pm, everyone went to bed and I went to the laundromat. I was still giggling about whether or not Cinderella's dress would need to go to the dry cleaners tomorrow.














No comments:
Post a Comment