Everyone said it would happen.
"When you have kids, you'll cut it."
I don't know if there's anything to that or not, but last week, after many years of long hair, I decided it was time for a change.
It's been a long time coming. I can only remember whacking all my hair off in 2nd grade. The shortest it's been since then has been at least shoulder length.
My hair is SUPER thick. That being said, it can take a huge amount of time to wash, blow-dry, and style. Thus, it has spent the better part of the last 3 years in a pony tail.
For some people, hair is no big deal. "It'll grow back." And while that's absolutely true, I have weird attachments to my length. It gives me security somehow. It's familiar. And I'm not brave and adventurous with how it's cut. I'm scared I won't know how to fix it or it won't look like casual 'ol me.
Saturday evening, after two gut-wrenching days of deciding whether or not I had the courage to do it, and at the enthusiastic urging of my husband, I whacked it all off for only the second time in my life.
BEFORE THE SCISSORS ::
{Freshly out of a pony tail for your viewing pleasure. No wonder I was on my way in to get it cut.}
AFTER THE SCISSORS ::
It's feels a bit strange when I run my fingers through it and I don't really know how to fix it yet. But I haven't cried (and that was a very likely possibility based on last week's decision making process).
I'm glad I did it. Mostly because I've lost another pound and I'm pretty sure it was the 9+ inches of pony tail I sent to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program. That's one more toward the 20 for 30 goal!
Miles, who also got a trim last week, went to bed Saturday night chanting....
"Momma get a haiwrcut! Miles get a haiwrcut! ........... Ella need a haiwrcut! Dayee need a haiwrcut!"
And he told me "I yike your haiwr, Momma. It's sooooo pwretty."
So, I'm good.
But if that weren't enough, my husband likes it enough for everyone on the planet.


7 comments:
Beautiful!
It looks great Faith!!! :)
LOVE it! It still has length too, so you're not totally giving up your security blanket! Good for you!
love, love, love it!!!
I "yike" it too. :)
Faith, it's so cute! :)
Thanks for "yiking" my hair. :) I appreciate all of your encouragement!
Post a Comment