For this week's KingerGardens linkup, please excuse me while I show you entirely too many pictures. But it's the first harvest of the season and it's just so darn exciting.
Not only are the peas growing up the tee-pee, but they've started to mass produce...peas!!!
I had actually forgotten exactly what kinds of pea-thing-a-ma-jigs we had planted....
So it's been fun to see the little snow peas pop up on the vines. Not many of them make it back to the house...
I'm so thankful that my kids will eat vegetables...and how fun to do it off the vine!!
And that they think it's about the coolest thing ever.
Except sno-cones. They get way more excited about sno-cones.
After picking all the peas, Miles said...
"I'm gonna shop the shopping cart over here and get the tomato."
He's had his sights on it for a couple of days now.
Success!!
After the tomato (there will be more....10 plants worth, but for now it's just one at a time), we went ahead and picked ALL our carrots to make room to plant something else (which we haven't decided on quite yet).
Every single time she pulled one, she was as excited as the first time.
She was pretty good at picking them all by herself too.
Miles worked so hard. Look at his little hands....*sniff*.
Picking and loading into the shopping cart...
We learned that this is what can happen if you don't thin your carrots properly (look out Matthew!).
They might grow together and make a crazy looking carrot like this!!
50+ carrots.....still excited about every one of them...
Excited and fascinated and overwhelmed...
Did I mention excited?
I told you I was going to post way too many photos.
Miles disappeared from the picking for a couple of minutes. I spotted him at the water hose washing this carrot. He needed a snack.
With very little help from me, the kids pulled all the carrots. Miles had sweat beads dripping down his little face!
I'm one proud Momma!
(A) for the carrots,
(B) for the first ever 2-of-them-sitting-still-smiling-and-looking-at-me-picture of their life.
(More unnecessary but cute pictures.)
He "shopped" on over to the onions and pulled a few of his "favorites".
He likes the purple ones best.
And some lettuce...
You can see in his face how focused he was on his tasks.
(hahahahahahahaha!)
Hot & tired.
But oh, so worth it.
Happy first-salad-of-the-year-where-everything-was-grown-by-us day to us!!
Looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing in their gardens! Hop on over to The Inadvertent Farmer and check it out!
















14 comments:
I love all your garden photos!
That is just about the cutest post ever...I LOVE their enthusiasm, it is so contagious!
Rock on little carrot pickers! Kim
Dang! Looking good! We pulled a carrot the other day to see how big it was and it's still tiny....
Hopefully we will be harvesting sooner rather than later because your salad looks delicious!
Beautiful salad shot!
Congrats!
I love the photo of them sharing the snap pea - so heartwarming to see them working together and sharing!
Also, I notice that this year they are both dressed as they garden - just sayin'!
Ummmm... wow. Hello awesome post.
1. Your kids are beyond adorable and EVERY photo posted here was completely necessary. Yes.
2. I can't believe you're already harvesting so so much.
3. That shopping cart just kills me!
Those carrot pictures are priceless! You managed to capture the surprise and pride and joy---all at the same time. I'm seeing a great scrapbook layout...
Your carrots are awesome! Your helpful 'shoppers' are awesome! I am amazed at how hard they worked - I can't wait until my beanlets are doing that :) I am totally jealous of the shopping cart, I think we'll be on the lookout for one of those :) Great post - I loved all the pictures!
What a wonderful harvest! (Matthew is FINALLY saying maybe we can thin the carrots!)
Hopped over here from the Inadvertant Farmer, and so glad I did! Your children are darling! I love how they love to be in the garaden - so precious!
And I think I've said this on nearly every post I've checked out so far with KinderGardens. I AM JEALOUS!
Look at all your produce! Look how beautiful and yummy it is! That salad is TO.DIE.FOR! It makes me so hungry.
We're fighting late plantings and poor weather here. *sigh*
But it will get better.....right?!?!
WOW, what a harvest! I am very impressed. I loved every one of your pictures. And the shopping cart is the best. He looks like the sweetest big brother.
these. are. PRECIOUS! i'm so glad you showed us entirely too many pictures. love seeing M & E's enthusiasm and determination.
my faves are the one where they are sharing the peas, mile's "overwhelmed" look (haha!), and E excited over every. single. carrot.
cuteness overload.
Your bounty is plentiful!!!! So awesome you can harvest so much already! Great job momma :)
I just love all of you guys! And I'm terrible at responding to your comments! Thank you so much for your encouraging and kind words. You're the best!
Just remember that we were your first fans when you get famous!!
Post a Comment