The packets are just so stinkin' cute, that we thought we should incorporate them into our friendly neighborhood garden.
I took the packets to a local copy center and had several color copies made. I also bought some self-laminating paper.
Spent a few minutes during nap time cutting and laminating (which I didn't think was a great idea for a 3 year old.....heck, it was hard enough for this 30 year old to laminate with that sticky paper!....ok, it wasn't that hard, but seriously, Miles would have had everything stuck to everything...)
Stapled the laminated signs to some wooden stakes that were leftover from staking the raised beds.
Waited - very impatiently - for nap time to be over....
And hammered them in at their appropriate locations.
Miles LOVED helping with his little yellow hammer.
"Here Momma, yet me do it. You take pitures."
Now, when we come out to the garden, Ella see the characters and makes her affectionate "ooooouuuuaaaaaa" sound.
Miles loves them because up until this point he would run around the garden saying, "What dis name?" for every. single. plant. in. the. ground.
"What dis name?"
"Tomato."
"Ohhhhh, mato."
"What dis name?"
"Tomato."
"Ohhhhh, mato."
"What dis name?"
"Tomato."
"Ohhhhh, mato."
"What dis name?"
"Tomato."
"Ohhhhh, mato."
"What dis name?"
"Zucchini."
"Ohhhhh, zoochini."
"What dis name?"
"Zucchini."
"Ohhhhh, zoochini."
"What dis name?"
"Zucchini."
"Ohhhhh, zoochini."
"What dis name?"
"Zucchini."
"Ohhhhh, zoochini."
"What dis name?"
"Squash."
"Ohhhhh, wash."
"What dis name?"
"Squash."
"Ohhhhh, wash."
"What dis name?"
"Squash."
"Ohhhhh, wash."
"What dis name?"
"Squash."
"Ohhhhh, wash."
"What dis name?"
"Squash."
"Ohhhhh, wash."
"What dis name?"
"Squash."
"Ohhhhh, wash."
....You get the idea. We have a lot of plants in the ground.
So the signs have been a very welcome and cute addition to our little garden space.








9 comments:
Oh I love this! Your conversation made me giggle...I have a just turned 3 year old and I have the exact same one every day!
Great post...kim
I LOVE the signs! Boy I wish my seeds were Seasame Streets now!
This is great! I LOVE it!
Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo
Can you adopt me? And my kids?? I want to live in your world. It seems so much more fun than ours...
:-) Seriously, you're such a great mama...
What a sweet post! You sure look like you are having fun! Your photos are excellent too- of course it helps to have beautiful kids like you do!!
Love these little signs! What a cute, kid friendly idea.
Very, very cute! Wouldn't the whole world be brighter with a little love from Sesame Street?!
Seriously, great visual that is very appropriate for you kids. :)
What a great idea! I love it. I don't have Sesame Street packets, but you've given me an idea. Maybe I can pull some of my photos from last year to create some signs.
This is so creative and fabulous! The kids can really relate to it and it adds to the garden fun! Great job.
Post a Comment