It was pitch black because our electricity had gone out and I have NEVER heard wind howl the way that it was howling. Luckily, there were no tornados. Just W-I-N-D. It was reported that 80-100 mph swept through this side of town.
We stood at the back glass door of the house trying to see out. With each flash of lightning we could see how the trees were bent and being whipped around like seedlings.
Then I noticed it....
My beautiful bradford pear.
Oh, my aching heart.
And it wasn't alone.
This tree was completely uprooted.

It wasn't broken. The wind just sucked it right out of the ground.
For the second time this year (the first being the big ice store back in January), our trees took a severe beating.

It's not a good year to be a tree at the Buss house.

Britton didn't waste any time with the clean up. Thursday afternoon, he borrowed Papa's Rhino and trailer and set to making a ginormous burn pile.

Now there's one thing about borrowing Papa's Rhino....

...if Papa doesn't have anything else goin' on, he comes with it. I think it must be fun to drive or something?
Speaking of fun...


When it came time to cut down the one last little sprig of the tree, we moved all the children and dogs away. Note that there are no dogs in this first photo I took of the falling tree.
TIMBER!!!!

Enter Deuce.... he got away from me.

Can you see Britton's face through the limb? It's panicked.
It was a toss up as to whether he'd get outta the way....

But lucky for him, he's a quick little sucker.

Britton's watched several episodes of Swamp Loggers on the Discovery Channel. When it comes to doing all this chain saw work, he's knows exactly what he's doing.
So to commemorate the event, I took a very manly and burly shot of my logger.

To be fair, Drew helped alot, so here's to both my loggers.



No comments:
Post a Comment