Monday, September 6, 2010

Kinder Gardens Entry {Week 21.}

This week from the garden:

We played with our food...  


I've been reading online about how to dry okra seeds for next year.  
One source said you can go ahead and do it when the pods are green.  
I don't think this is going to work.  They didn't dry out... just kinda shriveled up.
Another source says to let the pod dry on the plant.  


Any suggestions?

***

Even though it's September, there's still life in our little garden...


There'd be more life if Miles hadn't run his trains through the mound of dirt where I planted more butternut squash...


Ooops.
{Note to self : Replant butternut squash on the south mound.}

***

Our bell pepper plants get the blue ribbon for longevity this year.  We put three tiny plants in the ground with our original planting in April.  
Currently, I've got 26 of them in my refrigerator.  That many more on the plants too!

Throughout the summer, when it comes to picking, the new never seems to wear off for Miles...  
"I go get my shopping cart so I can shop the begetables."


A quick detour through the fort with his loot...



Week 21 and still havin' fun!!

Now I'm off to check out what other contestants are doing this week at:

THE INADVERTENT FARMER'S



3 comments:

The author said...

I've never tried to raise okra. It looks great! Good luck with drying the seeds!

Shayne said...

I never tire of seeing your little guy with his shopping cart. Fantastic! He obviously loves time in the garden. :)

MommyTopics.com said...

I think my favorite part of your kindergarden is the shopping cart. That and the fact that you are growing enough things, that your little one can actually go "shopping" for produce in the back yard and fill the cart.

Maybe some day I'll have enough success with growing things that I can do the same for my kids. For now, let's just see if I can get my pumpkins to full maturity and actually do some baking with them.

Beautiful pictures and post!

Blessings
Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts