Thursday, September 16, 2010

Kinder Gardens Entry {Week 23.}

This week in the garden...

:: Such beauty as the colors and crops of fall greet us daily (though we're still hitting 90 degrees - with 147% humidity - in the temperature department).


::  A few tomatoes, but only enough to throw in your mouth just as soon as you pick 'em.


::  Mystery squash.  Sure am glad I took a picture of the packet the seeds came in, because I totally forgot what was planted in one little section of the garden!


::  Cool-ish breeze.


::  Ella screamed until she had a bell pepper for each hand.

::  Then she ran down the aisle to get to her red wagon.


::  Then she ate them.


::  Well, she didn't really eat them.  Though that would be a nice solution for this...


::  Miles requested snack time in the garden.  Goldfish and a bottle of water.  {But then he was freaked out by some bugs, so he threw that idea out the window....see him lookin' up at the bugs?....He freaked out.}


::  Some wild sunflowers in our pasture and a wagon ride to go pick one for each munchkin.


::  We sure did love our mammoth sized sunflowers back in Week 16 or so...


::  But Ella kinda likes these little ones too.  More her size.


::  She drags them around like a baby doll while she plays.


It's a lovely time of year to be figuring out this fall gardening stuff.  Spinach seeds are in the ground....we'll see how that goes!


Now, off I go to check out what everyone else was up to this week at:


THE INADVERTENT FARMER'S

3 comments:

The author said...

What a lovely time the two of them have in the garden. Beautiful photos and plants. It's such a great time of year isn't it?

MommyTopics.com said...

I always love your posts! Your kids are so sweet and adorable and your garden looks like such a wonderful place to grow up.

That mystery squash looks awesome! Those will be fun to see when they fully develop.

Blessings
Rachymommy - MommyTopics.com

Cathryn said...

"147% humidity" LOL!! I kinda-sorta remember what you are talking about, I grew up in Alabama!
"coolish breeze" LOL again.

I'm thinkin' you could do stuffed bell peppers and then freeze them? Or at least have a nice party with stuffed bell peppers on the menu.

Ella is cool, screaming and all until she has one in each hand!! She's a woman who knows what she wants!
Good for you to be such a perceptive mommy!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts