Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday, November 13, 2009

This is the story about how small the world is....  or how small the blog world is.  Or maybe both.

Do you remember when I won the contest at the ElleBowsandMore blog this summer?

And remember how cute Ella was in her prize?

Here....just in case you don't remember...



Well, I bought another bow after that and took this picture too.



And my new friend Lisa, over at ElleBows, asked if she could use them in her Etsy shop.

So, I sent the photos to her yesterday (she's in California) and last night there was a really nice shout out on her blog.  She was kindly thanking three photographers for sharing photos featuring products from her shop...



Well, if you go check out the whole post, you'll see she shows three photos (featuring three photographers).

Here's where the world gets a little smaller.

Ashley (from Ashley Ann Photography) and I went to OBU together back in the day.




{good grief.....bahahahaha!}

We didn't run in the same circles, but OBU's small enough that everyone kinda knows everyone.  I remember her being the yearbook editor our senior year and it seemed fitting that years later - after friending her hubby on facebook - I would discover that she's become one of the Tulsa area's most sought after photographers.  Since then, I frequent her blog as she's always inspiring with her photography and creativity as well as her adventures in being a mom to 4 small kiddos.

Maybe I'm crazy.  And maybe it's just a little too late at night.  But I just thought it was pretty random.  I'll bet Lisa, out in California, had no idea two of those three photographers can go with Ka-Rip.

*****

{Note:  Ashley's blog has an awesome post today.  It's entitled "First Gift" and outlines a campaign to provide clean drinking water to those who don't have it across the globe.  Go check it out and consider what you can do to get involved.}




3 comments:

Ashley said...

My favorite part...was the Ka-Rip reminder...funny stuff. Cute yearbook pic of you, not so much me!

Anonymous said...

Such a small world!!

Kristi Hazelrigg said...

Faith,

I came across this today and it made me think of you, thought you might like to get involved. It sounds very neat:
http://help-portrait.com/

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts