Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday, November 10, 2009

I bought an old apron for a quarter last weekend.




It was ripped up, but made of super cute fabric.
So, I cut the bottom of it off and sewed it closed...





Made a casing for the elastic....





And voila.  
Ella has a vintage skirt.
But she definitely needed something vintage-y to go with it.
So I found this owl template.
I don't really know what I'm doing...





Popped some button eyes and a beak on that guy and look how cute he turned out!




Please don't look close.
I made it very "rustic"...
That's a great excuse to use when you don't want your stitches to be judged.  Somehow it makes everything OK. 

Rustic = Crappy

But, it's the cutest little rustic outfit I ever did make for $3.25.  (The onezie cost $6 for a 2-pack.)



8 comments:

Donna Boucher said...

This is so cute!!!!

I love creative sewers!!!

Your baby girl is so beautiful!

I want to take pictures of her, pretty please.

alisha said...

so cute!

Sonja said...

I think I hate you right now. That is sooo stinkin' cute! You are so creative!

Jeanette said...

a-dor-a-ble!!!

faith buss said...

Thanks guys! I got a wild hair yesterday.... ;)

Brandi E. said...

I wish i had .1111 of the creativeness you do!
She looks too cute in it!!

Debbie Goss said...

And you weren't gonna buy that apron.

Debbie Goss said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts