I got a new thing goin' on Friday nights, y'all.
It's the Friday Night Knitters.
We knit. At my house. 'Till we can't keep our eyes open.
And it's cool. I don't care what you say.
And to prove our coolness, I'll show you what we listened to while we knitted & purled...
Dave makes whatever you're doing have a cool factor.
It has to be said that I refer to my "knitting manual" quite often. Several of us have a copy. It's called Stitch & Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook.
And I decided a long time ago that I was just flat going to call it that.... no sugar coating it. It's the only opportunity I have to use that word without feeling any remorse. It's just the title of the book, you see. And well, I suppose I could say it more often if I was involved in dog breeding and such, but that's not what this is about. It's about the fact that without this book, I forget how to cast on. I'm retarded like that.
You'll find that in the commercial knitting world, there are lots of silly ways to play on words. It's just too darn easy. There's a book called "Son of a Stitch" full of patterns to knit for our lovely male counterparts.
It's also what I say when I mess up and have to rip out project.
It's also what I say when I mess up and have to rip out project.
There's a website called www.knithappens.com.
I'm just sayin'. I think it's funny.
Most everyone had gone home by 11:00 pm when all knitting came to a screeching halt. A certain little munch I know awoke to blow spit bubbles, bat her eye lashes and entertain the masses.
All that to say, I'm excited about this group...
Lots of different roles and gifts. Lots of different experiences, both in life and in knitting....
Wives.
Mothers.
Sisters.
Daughters.
Creative.
Sunday School Teachers.
Horse Whisperers.
Doctors.
Tri-Athletes.
Amateur Chefs.
Students.
Outdoor Loving.
Silly.
Passionate.
I'm looking forward to learning from each one in the group.
We are the Friday Night Knitters.
And in the spirit of Stitch & Bitch...
The F.N. Knitters









4 comments:
Jealous.
I seriously wish we lived closer to each other.
And I <3 that book series - I have the one for crocheting... because I have yet to remember how to cast on.
I laughed out loud at that one!
I WANT to come to your knitting group!!!!
Sam - I wish you were closer to teach me how to crochet!
Ellen - hehehehe...
Miz Boo - Road Trip.
Post a Comment