Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010 christmas rewind button {part 3.}

Putting Christmas away has been a bit difficult this year.  

1.  I chose to take the tree decor down while M & E were awake.  


2.  Which meant that Miles wanted to help...which meant that Ella wanted to help.  


3.  Which meant that things were highly disorganized and rambunctious.  


Christmas was also hard to put away this year because...

4.  Miles refuses to let me have the Santa hat.

(brushing his teeth at the kitchen sink b/c we're still short a vanity/sink in our never-ending bathroom remodel...)

5.  And when he isn't wearing it, Ella is.


6.  And they literally run away from me when I try to take it.  


I snagged it today when he wan't paying attention.  Put it in a Christmas tub in the dining room.  Tonight, a good hour and a half after he was supposed to be sleeping, he called me into his room and said:  "Momma!  Where's the Santa hat?????"  
I promised I'd get it in the morning.  

We may just keep on having Christmas all year.  
In fact, I'm not sure we will ever stop singing Christmas songs at bedtime.  
Miles' current demands are, in THIS order:

1.  We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2.  The Curious George Christmas Theme Song
3.  Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
4.  Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
5.  Frosty The Snowman
6.  The Thomas Christmas Song (sung to the Thomas theme song with various Christmas lyrics that I make up new every night b/c I can't remember what I sang before).

I really like this kid.  
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I love this story. Christmas was hard to put up for us too. Caleb said our house looks sad. :(
Glad that you are enjoying those sweet bundles of joy. What are you going to do with yourself when Miles starts pre-K? Do they have pre-K in Shawnee?

Cathryn said...

Soooo funny!!!

faith buss said...

Kristi - You're gonna think I've gone nuts, but my plan is to homeschool Miles & Ella. So I'm pretty much locked in to all this fun for quite some time! :)

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts