Tuesday, January 19, 2010

a bit of accountability {20 for 30.}

I'm going public.

It's an accountability thing.

GoogleAnalytics says that 70+ people a day look at this blog.

So I'm announcing to 70+ people that I have a goal of losing 20 pounds by my 30th birthday.

That's May 4th.

Here's the plan:

:: exercise
:: drink LOTS of water
:: eat clean
:: don't eat anything after 8:00pm

If it works, I'm gonna make my own DVD series.  Maybe I'll sell it on HSN.

It'll feature me working out with the kids.  The ornery 2.5 year old will be crawling under my body as I'm on all fours doing leg lifts ("BRIDGE!!!") or knocking me over as I assume the downward facing dog yoga pose ("I GOT YOU MOMMA!!").



And smiling ever so sweetly in the background will be the 8 month old with her tongue sticking out.  ("Pfffftttthhhh!!!!!")



During our workouts, we'll offer breaks to change diapers, refill sippy cups and locate various all-of-a-sudden-can't-be-lived-without toys.

It's on.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, although I don't think you need to lose ANY weight!

faith buss said...

You're too kind....and you've never seen me up close. ;) hahaha!

Sonja said...

I'm with ya...although, I need to lose way more than 20...but I would be happy with 20 by our 30th birthdays...

I'm kind of on the same plan...exercise, water, better eating choices.

I'll be accountable with you. We can do it!!

Brian said...

20 lbs and a couple of tri's ... let's do it!

Anonymous said...

LOL! Oh, please! Can I just tell you that I gained 69 lbs with Elle! I am not kidding, and no I NEVER round up! I still have that last 20 to lose and have made zero effort! I will be 30 in July and I think I might have to hop on your fitness bandwagon ;-)

Samantha said...

20 by 30? I'll jump on the bandwagon too! :)

We've got the half-marathon coming up in April and my 30th at the beginning of June... I'm determined to lose about 18 more pounds to make it to my goal weight.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts