Tuesday, January 5, 2010

christmas rewind button {part 1}

Christmas evening was spent with all of the Buss family at Britton's parents.  Thank goodness everyone was able to navigate over the icy/snowy roads, 'cause we had a good time!

Last year, we started a new tradition.  Everyone's name goes in the pot and we draw one person to buy a gift for (that's not new...we used to do that anyway).  The new part is that we draw a year in advance and you have a $10-$15 budget and all year to find USED item(s).

My favorite from 2008 (based on creativity) was gifted by Cheryl.  She bought Scott a Starbucks gift card.  She then used the gift card to buy herself a tasty treat and gave him the card with the remaining balance.  Perfect!  We all had such a good time we decided to do it again.

Ella mostly just enjoyed her bow, but got a cute little dress and a small piano which she plays daily...



Miles also enjoyed his bow, immediately placing it atop his head...



He got a new game and a camera.

And I waited MONTHS to give this to Emma.  I squealed at the garage sale when I found it.



You know it's a winner when kiddos disappear from opening presents to don their stuff...

Ben didn't leave the room, but he transformed before our eyes.  (We waited months to give this and a box of action figures to him too.)

"Go web, go!"




And, you might remember this sweater....



worn by my nephew Grahmm to the Ugly Sweater Party.  It won 1st prize.

Well, guess who had Britton's name????



Britton says he's taking the trees off and it's going to be his "pipe-smoking-sweater" for when he's old.

He also got that suh-weet hat, knitted by his sis.

Me?  I am so happy to announce that merely days after announcing that I was going to start collecting old metal film canisters (because my mom found one in a junk pile at the flea market), I opened a box full of them!  Way to go Heather.  She had no idea of my declaration.



Dear Mr. President Obama:

I love Christmas.  Can we have it on more of a quarterly basis please?    I think it might stimulate the economy.  Oh wait.  Nevermind.  Here I am promoting garage sale-ed gifting...

I still think it would be good.  Makes folks happy.

Kindest Regards,

Faith R. Buss
"The Christmas Nazi"

No comments:

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts