Friday, January 15, 2010

refashioning part deux {not-so-successful.}

Lest you go thinkin' I'm some kinda creative genius or something based on this post, let's talk about what happened to my latest project...


I bring the good, the bad & the ugly, folks.


My mom picked up these cute cords for Miles at a garage sale this fall.  



They're getting a bit too short.  So, taking inspiration from Eddie Bauer & LL Bean, I thought I'd make flannel cuffs to lengthen them.





I tried using one of Miles' old flannel shirts, but there wasn't enough fabric (he was a tiny guy when he wore it!).  


Then I tried to cut up one of Britton's and he wouldn't let me.


So I went to the fabric store and picked up a scrap of flannel for $1.





I started taking photos of all my steps.  Mainly so I could remember what I had done, and also to share here.





The photos quickly turned into a tragic visual tale as the project DID NOT go as planned.


After sewing on the first cuff, I realized a few things I wanted to do differently.


I grabbed my little blue seam ripper.


In one unexpected moment of ripping, my seam ripper broke in half and the pants ripped right up the leg.



Epic fail : Complete and total failure when success should have been reasonably easy to attain.




...As defined by urbandictionary.com



The other half of my seam ripper is somewhere behind the dryer and I'm still too mad to go searching for it.


So just remember when you see a cute little success story on my blog, there was most definitely a goin'-down-in-flames-disaster too.  An Epic Fail.  


I guess it should also be said, as long as we're confessing here, that for every one of these I get...





....rest assured I took 5 of these...





Which are equally precious, just in a..... different way.  


2 comments:

Brandi E. said...

hahah I love the last pic. love it. She's going to thank you for that one day. haha

Anonymous said...

this is a great post! I have major sewing fails daily!!!!

Oh, and that last picture is classic!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts