Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday, October 30, 2009

Last night I met some friends in OKC for a little adventure...

Some of you may know of The Pioneer Woman.  I've mentioned some of her recipes on this blog, plus she's super famous in the world of bloggies.

Well, she wrote a cookbook and it released this week.  Her second book tour stop was at a cute little book store in OKC called Full Circle.




I got there 10 minutes before the event was to start at 6:30 pm...



...and was probably 589th in line.

Some folks were surprised by this turnout.  I wasn't.  I literally was 33,000-something-th to comment on a recent blog post.  She's an international blogging phenomenon.

This is us around 7:30pm.



I have to say, Ella didn't cry one time.  She was a perfect baby.  I had a few mothers come up and ask "what is that you're wearing?  She's soooooo happy!".

One thing I observed while in line with a bunch of star struck women was that they went pretty crazy over the PW's Marlboro Man.  If you're not familiar with her story, the Pioneer Woman is a big city girl who met a cowboy in a smokey bar, fell in love and now lives in the boonies with their four kids.  Her blog tells the life and love story of she and Marlboro Man.  She's not ashamed to speak of how much she loves his manly features.

I have to say that prior to the book signing, I didn't get the whole Marlboro Man obsession.  Women freak out over this guy.

I. Get. It. Now.

He's very striking in person.

He and his sons came out to sign books for us losers in the very back of the line.

His sons were courteous.  He was kind and quiet.   Like real cowboys are.

And he was also very much in demand, so we just stole a little pic...




hehehe....  hahaha....  I dared Heather...  I owe her 50 bucks.

Look at his son....  "Dad?  Why is that lady taking a picture with you while you're not looking? These ladies are crazy..."


Around 8:30 pm, there were rumors that the P-Dub wouldn't be staying much longer because there was a big dinner planned for her crew.  So we, still being a good 150+ people back, went into the book store to get some shots with her before she left.



hahahahahah he...he..he...!!



The P-Dub proved to be awesome though.  She sent a representative out to assure us that she WOULD NOT leave until every book was signed.

So we got some nachos from the bar and grill in the mall and had a seat.



This was about 9:15 pm and Ella was long gone.

Mother-of-the-Year-Award right here people.  Take your baby to the mall to have a cook book signed by a lady who writes a blog....



{Note:  Father-of-the-Year goes to Britton, who texted this to me around 8:00 pm...  "Miles and I are having boys night.  Greasy pizza, Yankees, laying on the couch in our underwear.  Goodnight."}

At about 9:45 pm, Heather set off to count how many people were between us and the PW.

90-100.

And, because the PW is so nice and gracious to everyone, she was taking AT LEAST 1-2 minutes with each person.

That meant AT LEAST another hour and a half.

And since I had a baby, and since we all lived an hour away, we threw in the towel.



My ever-practical self won the battle between getting home at 1 am or gettin' out with my sleeping 5 month old while the gettin' was good.

I had a lot of fun being out amongst the living and left with two cookbooks signed by MM and their 7 year old son, Bryce.

Why two you ask?



Because my poor friend Suzy, with whom I've had plans to attend this event for months, fell victim to the flu this week.

Sooz:  Ladd was very appreciative of you not coming.



I, however, missed you to pieces.

Your book is being held for ransom.  You must come visit me in order to get it.

4 comments:

Lindsi said...

You went to go see P-Dub?! And I didn't get to go?! I so wanted to go to this. Not only do I love the Pioneer Woman, I LOVE the Full Circle Bookstore. I'm way sad, lol.

kirsten said...

It was good to see you there, Faith! If it makes you feel better, I didn't get to see her till 9 pm (even being approximately 212 people ahead of you in line) and by the time I got there, I could barely nod at her I was so tired. But... I'm so glad I went! :)

Samantha said...

Jealous. And love it all.

Donna Boucher said...

Oh my gosh! I loved reading your whole story!!!

Ree is SO POPULAR!!!

My sister Janet is going to 'meet Ree' in Arizona.
I have already told her your story.
I think she will go super early.

You are darling and so is your precious baby!!!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts