In the summer of 1993, many of you may remember having the pants scared off of you for the first time by this little fella...
Just in case your forgot how scary he was/is...
Well, while I was having nightmares, my sister was completely and totally into Jurassic Park. She had the entire collection of JP dinosaurs, the fortress, the jeeps....everything from the movie. If I remember correctly, my mom even painted a cardboard landscape backdrop for a corner of the bedroom, complete with a 5' or so brontosaurus silhouette, trees, etc.
It was awesome.
This fall, PBS has added a new show to their morning programming called Dinosaur Train. It's a well-done, Jim Henson Company, animated production that comes on right before Sesame Street.
As we all know, Miles is a train-head. Obviously, the commercials for this new show spiked his interest and we now watch it every morning.
They spend their days hopping the Dinosaur Train and traveling through time to the Triassic, Jurrasic & Crutaceous periods to learn about various dinosaur species. (Impressed, aren't you? Heck, I'm impressed with myself...)
Well, Aunt Rachel decided that since Miles likes the show so much, it was time to introduce him to her T-Rex.
He joined us for dinner last night.
And he sampled some of our baking.
And even though we named him Buddy, and though Miles really seems to want to try to be his friend...
Well, he is just a little scarier than cute little animated Buddy. (We didn't even attempt to put batteries in to make him move and roar....just don't think that would have been conducive to sleep.)
After awhile, Miles would put him in the living room under a blanket and tell us "Buddy seeping".
I'm pretty sure it was just 'cause he didn't want to look at him anymore.
And I don't blame him.





1 comment:
Seriously. I think Miles and Noah will be good friends... though Noah is more into cars than trains, he LOVES Dinosaur Train too.... which is good, since we usually catch the last 15 minutes and first 15 minutes of the shows that come on before and after Sesame Street.
And I love it that he covered him up with the blanket - I don't blame you either Buddy!! ;)
Post a Comment