From my Instagram feed.
#bussvacay2013
It rained almost every day.
We enjoyed watching the storms come in over the mountain from the front porch of our cabin.
We hiked a 2 mile trail the first day.
When we finished we noticed the sign that said the trails were closed due to fire danger and the fine was $5,000 per person.
Oooops.
We adventured in the prayer garden each day. The kids loved it there.
Miles got his first hole-in-one on the putt-putt course.
The next day, Britton got 2 hole-in-ones.
"Hey. Take my picture too."
Ella and I found a patch of grass that was like carpet. We sang the lyrics from Tangled...
"Just smell the grass! The dirt! Just like I dreamed they'd be!
Just feel that summer breeze - the way it's calling me
For like the first time ever, I'm completely free!
I could go running
And racing
And dancing
And chasing
And leaping
And bounding
Hair flying
Heart pounding
And splashing
And reeling
And finally feeling
Now's when my life begins!"
Just feel that summer breeze - the way it's calling me
For like the first time ever, I'm completely free!
I could go running
And racing
And dancing
And chasing
And leaping
And bounding
Hair flying
Heart pounding
And splashing
And reeling
And finally feeling
Now's when my life begins!"
We played loads of games in the cabin.
Miles LOVED the Santa Fe Depot.
I LOVED my first trip to REI.
I've wanted to go to that store for at least 15 years.
We paddled.
Miles and I went for a walk.
He got tired.
I realized he's giant.
More games.
Lost a disc playing disc golf.
Ella was never more proud to find anything in her life.
Fed some ducks.
Emmett LOVES his backpack.
I carried 2 of these 3 a LONG way home.
More games.
It was never more than 85 degrees. Perfect weather!
Hiking wears him out.
They were so proud to have climbed this high on their own.
M's finger is exactly where they're standing in the previous photo.
It was an amazing vacation. We enjoyed every single second!

No comments:
Post a Comment