Friday, July 8, 2011

KinderGardens 2011 {week 10.}

Inadvertent Farmer

I've been horrible at linking up at The Inadvertent Farmer.  I've missed it two weeks in a row!!  I did post, just no linkup, so...


And now we're all caught up.

Week 10 has seen more excessively dry heat.

The only thing that seems to like the excessively dry heat in our garden is the eggplant.  They are doing great!!


I have a few new recipes to try out with them over the weekend.  I can't wait!!  And apparently neither can Miles...


He's so curious about them.

Our 9 tomato plants manage to squeak out a few tomatoes here and there.  


I've read and been told by experienced Oklahoma gardeners that if temps are above 95 degrees more than 10 days in a row, the fruit won't set.  That explains why I have blossoms but no tomatoes.  We've had 18 days of over 100 degree temps!!  


We've got a few squash and zucchini here and there.


A banana pepper or two!


Just enough to put in the shopping cart of course!


The shopping cart is kinda like the weather....it doesn't always cooperate.


But it doesn't stop us.




We're like the energizer bunny around here...


No matter what...


We're just gonna do our best to keep going...


and going...



Go check out the other Week 10 KG blogs HERE!  

7 comments:

Cathryn said...

Nice harvest! Love your bunnies and the Madagascar quote!
I have missed your posts, but I figured you are having a great summer and keeping busy! It happens.
I'm dying to know what Miles thinks of the eggplant when he tastes it! I sure didn't like it as a kid!

Shayne said...

Mmmm...now you have me thinking of eggplant parmesan...

Love the jammies and the Thomas boots. That is one of the best things about living a little farther away from people, where grownups and kids alike can wear great getups to garden in---and no one cares!

Jess said...

That shopping cart just kills me every time. Every time!

Your eggplant is gorgeous. They do love heat, that's for sure.

And your kids adorable as always!

Kirsten said...

miles and ella look pleased as punch with their harvest! cute, cute, cute. lol on the tipping shopping cart.

we are just starting to find a couple of tomatoes, too. had our first bites last night...yum!!

Michele said...

Beautiful harvest! That's some serious heatwave.

Holly said...

I love their gardening attire! So cute. I cannot wait until my girls can push their little grocery cart out to the garden to "shop" for veggies...it just looks so fun (spills and all). But I think we still have a few weeks until that happens!

Mama Bean said...

you tell such great stories with your pictures :) your harvests are enviable - i am encouraged by your eggplant success, as this is my first year trying it, and we've had hot days as well.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Popular Posts