Tuesday, July 12, 2011

guitars and ichat.

Miles declared he wanted a guitar 47 seconds after his birthday party was over in April.
I fight wanting to get him exactly what he wants whenever he wants it (probably just like any parent), but knew we needed to work on some patience.  Sheesh kid!  I just built you a giant blue train for your stinkin' birthday!  

So I told him we'd look at garage sales for a guitar just his size.  
And we've looked.....and looked....and looked...
And a couple of weekends ago, he broke into tears after another disappointing (107 degree) garage sale. 

I told my mother this story.  In fact, we called her after that garage sale because Miles said "I need to tell Granne to be looking for my guitar at garage sales in Pauls Valley."  

Then, a few days later, after apparently shopping at garagesale.com....ehem....the UPS man showed up at our door.  I knew what it was, so we grabbed the computer and started a video chat with Granne.  She only lives 60 miles away, but how cool is it that she got to see his little face when he opened his new guitar!!!


Technology is so cool.


By the way, there wasn't just one guitar...


Because anyone who has met Ella and knows...
1) She wants to do everything Miles does, &
2) She destroys things.

Now she leaves his alone!  Great thinkin'!


We couldn't be happier about the new music makers in our house.  


Miles "writes songs" every 5 minutes and performs them.  It's hilarious.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

awesomeness (love ella's pink guitar)!! hope he continues to love it! :)

we just inherited my in-law's piano, kiddo is busy composing songs (usually with two notes) also.

Cathryn said...

Okay-- you're killing me with cuteness! Make sure Granne knows how cool she is! Everyone should have a Granne in Paul's Valley!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Popular Posts