Tuesday, December 7, 2010

christmas traditions {getting the tree.}

We always get our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving day.  This year, we had Thanksgiving all weekend long, so our tree waited until Tuesday, Nov. 30th.  

Now, because in certain circles I'm called the Christmas nazi, and because waiting until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving was truly torture for me, I drug my two small children to try and tackle buying a Christmas tree all by myself on Monday night.  It was 37 degree with a 40 mph wind.  This, as you can imagine, did not go well at all.  So Tuesday, over B's lunch, we tried it again. 

I'd like to tell you the story of how we went to the Christmas tree farm and cut down this year's tree... 


But since there's not one of those cute little tree farms near us (that I know of), we went to our local home improvement store chain.  


Miles ran around like a wild child in all his excitement.  (With little sister close behind, you'll see.)


Ella never had so much fun in her entire life....constant squeals of laughter and delight.


She proudly picked out her own little Christmas branch.  


These little Christmas traditions fill my heart with such joy.


So buckle up for more of our traditions over the coming days!

1 comment:

The author said...

I can't wait to see what the Christmas nazi does. :)

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts