Last week's challenge of giving the camera to your kids just didn't happen around here. I only have one camera. And I'm scheduled to shoot a wedding for a friend with it next Saturday.
So giving the camera to the 3 year old = No Bueno.
So we'll just update how things have been around the garden spot this week.
First of all, we have to say THANK YOU to Kim - the one and only super talented Inadvertent Farmer - for having the giveaway for Sunflower House a few weeks ago. We won and received our book this week.
We've now read it 186 times. It's a big hit among the littles.
They especially love to read it in the garden.
We've had real success in harvesting this week.
Zucchini and yellow squash...
"Red 'Matoes!!!! The sun turned 'dem red!!" - M
My girl - who's in no real hurry to take her first solo steps - is gaining confidence by pushing the shopping cart through the garden. It melts my heart...
She's just such a character, I can't help but share these photos.
We run in to family members and friends who read this blog. They know to ask Miles about his garden. You just wouldn't believe how excited he gets! He talks all about his cheeny (zucchini), wash (squash), matoes (tomatoes), yettuce (lettuce) beans and sunflowers. He really digs this gardening stuff.
It's just so much fun!

















7 comments:
Well that explains why your photos are such wonderful quality--you have training and practice!! I don't blame you for not handing him the camera. Maybe try a disposable?
Wow- what a harvest, I'm so happy for you! The kids (baby goats?) are so darling!
I have never seen a marigold that shade of orange-fabulous!
Send us some sun!!
You little ones simply melt my heart! You baby girl with that little pony tail sticking straight up pushing the cart...oh my this makes me know exactly why I did this series.
Seriously Faith this is a fabulous post!
BTW...don't blame you on the camera thing. It nearly gave me a heart attack to hand mine over. I think I'll be getting Sweet Girl her own soon! Kim
What a wonderful garden! I want to come and hang out for a lazy afternoon in it.
Oh, what a harvest! I'm still at the hopeful stage. I LOVE the little shopping cart for harvest! What a brilliant idea.
Judy
i'm not sure what i love more...your garden or the fact you have a little metal shopping cart to use in it. my kids would go nuts if they saw that!
your yard and garden are gorgeous!!
thanks for joining in the giveaway fun on my little blog. hope you are having a happy day!
where do you live that you are getting all of that out of your garden already?? wow.
i love your pictures, you have a wonderful eye, and it helps that your kiddos are just too precious. :)
thanks for sharing!
You guys just make my day with your kind comments! The shopping cart was a $5 garage sale find....I knew it had to go in the garden.
And Kirsten - I live in central Oklahoma. Things look great now, but in a month, it'll be H.O.T.- !HOT! and everything will start to croak. :)
Post a Comment