Tuesday, June 22, 2010

busy, busy, busy {overwhelmed, really.}


On Saturday, I shot my first real live wedding.  

I say first, because I've volunteered my services before for a low key event, but this was a real-deal-we've-paid-for-the-chapel-until-10pm type wedding.  It was one of the scariest things I've ever done.  Most photography stuff you could do over if you had to.  Not so much with a wedding.  The tuxes have to go back.  So I was a bit wired to say the least.  

The drive to get to the wedding chapel in Davis, OK is a simple drive.  

Go south to Asher.  Then to Stratford.  Then to Sulpher.  Then take a right to Davis.  Easy peasy, right?

On the way there, I must've talked poor (not feeling well) Britton's head off about what shots I wanted.  I discussed every detail with him, walking through every step of the night mentally.  So when we got to Ada (which is NOT on the way to Davis) and I said "Why the h&*$ are we in ADA!?", my stress level jumped another few notches.  Though it only added 20 minutes or so to the trip, I was so irritated with myself.  

Now it's just funny.  Really funny.  I'm giggling just thinking about it.  "Why the h&*$ are we in ADA!" - bahahahahaha!

I'm sorting through and editing all of the beautiful images, which means blog life might be a bit lame this week.  I apologize.  And I'll do my best to provide some sort of content, because surprisingly, there are those of you who read this little blog daily.  

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, I've:

1.  Stripped the wallpaper off 1/2 of the kitchen walls (on a whim).  
2.  Need to weed my flower bed before the bermuda grass completely takes over.
3.  Have dishes piled to the sky.
4.  Have train tracks piled to the sky. 
5.  Have laundry piled to the sky.  
6.  Have 1,008 images from the wedding.

Goodbye.  

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Over a 1000 images?? She's one lucky bride! :) I can't wait to see some of the edits!

Cathryn said...

Your list is daunting, but it will keep. Don't forget to kiss the babies!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts