Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kinder Gardens Entry {Week 10.}

::  This Week in the Garden ::

This week we planted pumpkin seeds.  I CAN'T WAIT to see if we actually get some pumpkins!  I know nothing about them.  But oh, how I would love to have cute little pumpkins this fall.  Ones that we grew ourselves.  Don't even care if we eat them....I just want them on my porch.  

We were also given some cantaloupe plants, so we stuck those in the ground as well.


We've outgrown the walls of our original garden space.  We're just sticking things in the dirt wherever we can find room now.  And praying nothing gets them.  

*****

Ella is fascinated by all that goes on in the garden.  But after about 5 minutes, she starts squirming and whining to get out of her confines.  


Miles absolutely LOVES to water.  In fact, if anything in our garden kicks the bucket, my first thought will be that it got over watered.  




While I was picking green beans, Ella crawled right up to Oscar the Grouch and had an entire conversation with him.  


She "ooooo-ed" and screeched and squealed and bounced around in excitement.  


And then she crunched his face off.  


Sorry Oscar. 

Told ya he loves to water...
  I love his Thomas boots.  He got those for going #2 on the potty.  You can read more about his potty training antics HERE.  We're making progress!


I also love to eat.  And this, my friends, came right out of my very own garden.


I'm a proud, proud little gardener.  
I'm also as proud as I can be that both of my mini-gardeners enjoyed this meal with me.  They scarfed down our squash, zucchini and tomatoes!  

Inadvertent Farmer

8 comments:

inadvertent farmer said...

Great job you guys...can't believe you have so much coming from your garden, I'm envious!

Those boots are just adorable...I'm not going to let my little one see those or he'll flip wanting some.

OK...that conversation with Oscar is just about the cutest thing I've seen yet in this series! Kim

Brandi E. said...

Once again that is a very delicious looking plate of vegetables you have!

I love your kids! They always make me smile!

The author said...

Again, I find myself jealous! Veggies out of your own garden already. I'm hoping someday my plants get there. You have such cute kids. I loved the Oscar story.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Love your dinner from the garden!

We are planting pumpkins this week too! I wanted to start planting them 2 weeks ago. I have started planting them every two weeks, starting in June and going through July. This way, it helps insure maybe something will be ready for Halloween! Last year I had a Thanksgiving Jack-O-Lantern! I had HUGE vines and flowers but only 1 female flower! Crazy! My fingers are crossed for this years!

You garden looks sooo fantastic!

Rebecca@RootsAndWingsCo

Amy J said...

VERY cute pics of your kids! so wonderful that you garden with them...and even more wonderful that they eat the vegetables!!

Shayne said...

The photo of the kids together between the raised beds is my favorite. They're adorable!

Anonymous said...

oh, you will love growing your own pumpkins! Last year was our first year growing our own. We planted regular jack-0-lantern pumpkins and just for fun, planted white pumpkins. It was so exciting when our first pumpkin began to grow. Then they began to pop out all over the place. They are really fast growers.

Erin B. said...

I love Ella's face when she's talking to Oscar lol

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts