Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yesterday was "one of those days". So I'm looking forward to today.

For an anniversary present (hehe) I hired a couple of guys to finish tiling the bathroom so Britton can check it off his honey--do list. For my anniversary present, he's buying a hot water heater cause ours busted yesterday.

Top Ten Reasons Why It Was ONE OF THOSE DAYS:

10. There were 253 things to do on my own personal "to-do list". That's enough to get any day off to a draggin' start. I only got 3 of them done. A whole new list presented itself as the day began...

9. The tile guys came to get started but informed me that we didn't have enough bullnose tiles. This meant I had to go to Lowe's....again... and caused me a great deal of stress for almost twenty minutes. But, thankfully, when I told my mom my little sob story, she informed me that she was going to Norman anyway and she'd pick some up for me. I would like to take this opportunity to formally thank her, for a trip to Norman could have possibly been the end of my sanity.

8. Deuce (my miniature schnauzer) pee'd on the floor in the kitchen and I drop kicked him out the back door and threw a temper tantrum about cleaning it up.

7. Turns out, the "pee" wasn't pee at all. It was a leaky hot water tank. So not only did I have guilt about Deuce, but I had another wet mess to clean up and had to call the plumber.

6. The tile guys also informed me that the screws we'd used to put up the Hardie-Backer weren't in far enough, and this meant that they couldn't get started until today. Which isn't that big of a deal I guess, but things were starting to mound up, you see. That, and since Britton was out of town, we had to con my brother-in-law, Scott, into coming to take care of it. Which he gladly did. THANKS SCOTT!! Not that he's ever gonna read my blog, but, whatever.

5. The plumbers informed me that the hot water tank was "done" and that we'd need to buy a new one. And it took them a pretty long time to come to that conclusion, so I can't wait to get that bill.... sheesh!

4. Due to the genius of the man who lived in our house prior to us, the hot water tank is enclosed in the cabinets in my kitchen. I'm pretty sure he sat the tank on the floor and built cabinets around it. Which means that my counter top and cabinets are now in several pieces on the floor of my dining room. That's a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Then the plumbers took the hot water tank out of the house and sat it on the back porch with barely enough room for my pregnant self to slip out the back door.

3. We recently bought a beautiful, chocolate, leather, dual reclining love seat (should that have commas?). It's so comfy. But when it was delivered a few weeks ago we discovered a manufacturer defect on the back. The business we bought it from ordered a new back and today, they came to pick it up for repair. The guy who did the repair ripped the new back somehow. So they have to order another one and repeat the entire process.

2. The plumbers left a HUGE, muddy, watery and no-telling-what-else mess all over the floors in my house. You know what though? These guys made a special trip over to help me out when they were already running behind from their own crazy day, so I'm thankful for that. And I cleaned the freakin' mess up with a smile on my face. (not)

1. Britton was not home for any of this. He was gallivanting around at the State Capitol schmoozing the big wigs and enjoying his cush new job. (Just kidding, I was calling him every 3 and a 1/2 minutes whining about what was going on... He may lose his job because of me and we'll get to stay here and enjoy our new hot water tank.)

********
I'm all over the stress now and am finding quite a bit of humor in the craziness of the day. The timing of all the phone calls, all the not-so-good news and all my whining was rather brilliant. Just as a great comedic writer would have written it. I swear we should have our own reality show sometimes.

And after it was all said and done, who can go to bed huffy when this sweetness is going on...




Today will be good. The tile-ers are tiling away, Britton will be home tonight with a new hot water heater, and I'm finally getting to yesterday's to-do list.

This blog is fun. And therapeutic. But hopefully, after only 4 days of it, you don't think I need therapy.




***No animals were actually harmed during the process of my bad day. The drop kicking reference was for humor only. And Deuce got an extra scoop of food to make up for my tantrum. He's a happy dog. And with his hair this long, he kinda looks like a Muppet. ***


3 comments:

Mrs. Tucker said...

You are turning out to be quite the blogger! You are GOOD at this! I can feel your pain in this entry! Geesh, what a day!!

Anonymous said...

See, I told you it would be funny!

Janet said...

I feel for you Faith. I have some stories of my own I could tell you. During the entire month of October, I had a dirt floor in the entire front half of my house. Now I have beautiful hardwood and a floor that doesn't shake and dip!!! Hang in there - It will get better.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts