Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday, January 6, 2009


January 6, 2001 - The Sooners had just won the BCS National Championship game, beating Florida State, Oklahoma had just experienced an unusually large amount of snow and ice statewide, and Britton and I tied the knot.

I thought it might be fun to reminisce. And since I cannot personally sit down and show each of you the TWO 12x12 scrapbooks I made to commemorate the event, I'll just highlight with some low quality, pirated photos a friend was able to rip off the photographers preview gallery. Ooops, did I say that out loud? Listen, we bought plenty of pics.

Britton Dane Buss and Faith Ryan Molleur started dating in high school. :o) Good ol' SHS Yearbook class. He had a grey Jeep CJ-7 and I was more than willing to go out and about with him to sell ads.

A few months later, he asked me to be his girlfriend in the parking lot at Mazzio's. I said "no, I think we should get to know each other better". One week later, in the parking lot at Mazzio's, he asked again. I said "yes".

I obviously knew him much better by then.

That was December 1996.

We were both at OBU in December of 1999. He was a Junior, me a Sophomore. And as former Oklahoma Baptist All-State Choir kids, we were both suckered into participating in the FBC Seminole Christmas Choir production. He proposed in my driveway, right after the Sunday night performance, the night before my Western Civ final and completely caught me off guard.

I said "no, I think we should get to know each other better".

Just kidding.

(PS - I obviously did NOT study at all that night for my crazy exam and am proud to announce that I still received a "B".)

We were engaged all of 200o and married on January 6, 2001. It's one of my favorite days. EVER.

All the planning. All the waiting. All the work (thanks Mom).

It was perfect.






Wait for it....






Do these two (especially Britton) crack anyone else up?


Any-who, it's been 8 years and I'm thinkin' Britton made a good decision.

Oh, 'scuse me... I mean, we're so lucky to have each other. :o)

And this little guy...


This one too... Although the little punk is giving me indigestion and sort of looks like an alien in this particular photo, God-love-her.



We're pretty lucky to have them too.

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie.
To Infinity...And Beyond.



F.

2 comments:

Mrs. Tucker said...

Awww...Memories! That was a fun day. Congrats on baby girl. How perfect!

Anonymous said...

oh, this one made me tear up. maybe it's the hormones, maybe it's the recent life events. whatever it is, you two were the cutest couple I knew back then...and you're pretty cute still! :-) So glad I've been friends with you for the last 11 years...yes, you read that right. We're getting old. Love you both!


Sonja

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts