This week's assignment over at the KinderGardens community was to get up close and personal with our garden spaces. So here's a closer look at what's going on...
I love these purple pin cushions. My mom bought and planted them at my house in Pauls Valley when she stayed with me in the days after Miles was born. When we left PV and didn't have a house or a yard to move our stuff to, my sister-in-law dug them up and took them in for me. A year or more later, we divided them and now they're great big plants at both of our houses.
I love the look of the flowers that are almost ready to bloom.... Thank God for something can bloom in this heat. (22 days of 100+ temps.)
The tip top of a basil plant that is begging for me to trim it up and make some pesto...
Tomato blooms...
They end up doing this mostly...
Instead of this...
And little garden friends...
And foes...
I love how watermelon vines get fuzzy...
And the way an eggplant looks before it's all purple...
M's "crazy daisies" make me happy. He picked them out himself...
Can you see the little while spider on this one?
Up close and personal is beautiful and interesting and all....but I prefer this view still.
If you want to get up close and personal with all the other KinderGardeners, head on over to The Inadvertent Farmer.























5 comments:
lovely, lovely, lovely!
you have cool bugs at your house. but you can keep the evil ones.
E looks (understandably) hot, but still adorably cute, pushing that precious cargo.
p.s. i am jumping on a plane and coming out to OK to steal that quilt. LOVE.
Beautiful as usual.
22 days!! I think you should come visit me NOW!
We haven't hit 70 for a week now, still in the 60's.Weird ,huh?
Great captures of all the friendly buggies :) They can be a beautiful part of the garden for sure. Thanks for the up close look at your progress.
I'm sorry you're having to deal with such a harsh summer... but it is fun for me to see your garden so much more mature than ours. No eggplant here yet, and our coneflowers are just starting to bud out.
I love the eggplant photo. You could frame that one! And I agree, close up is good, but the big picture photo is GREAT (plus, I have quilt envy)!
Post a Comment