Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I've run away from home.

This happened Monday morning at my house.  

 

Why, you ask?  Well, from the step at the bottom of the photo to the front door in the back of the photo there was a 2" difference.  
And a great big hump in the middle. 
 
I knew it was coming, but it was horrifying nonetheless.   
When the guys left to go get lumber I swore I heard rodents burrowing in.  Turned out to just be the wind, but I was standing on the counter top just to be safe. 

So to prevent further mental deterioration, I've run away from home for a few days until there's not a dirt floor in my dining room.  

Today was bea-U-tiful and the we enjoyed a nice walk to see one of my son's most favorite things in the whole wide world...

The dining room had a good day too.  
All new joists!!


My soon-to-be-new-floors are brought to you by:

Britton Buss
Will Schwab
& 
Troy Jesseph

Thanks guys!!!  
I'm gonna love my nice, new, level floors!

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

oh my. i'd be running away, too!

Janet said...

HI Faith,
I have to tell you from experience that you will survive. I have had lots of experience with this. I have called in repair men several times and then come home to dirt floors. The last time the whole front of the house had to be totally redone. We were done to the dirt for a month and I bought moth balls and so much more stuff to ward off rodents and snakes. However, the repair men assured me that there was no sign of anything like that. It was freaky, but not I have level floors in the front and the back of the house. I still need to redo the middle but a person can only stand so much at a time. Anyway have fun on your vacation away from home. We love ya'll.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Popular Posts