Wednesday, October 6, 2010

bribery {but it's working.}

Miles is really doing awesome these days.  He's staying dry during nap time.  He's accident free most days (#1 AND #2).  I think he's got this potty thing just about figured out.  

To prove it, yesterday I witnessed this:

These trains are having a discussion amongst themselves (voiced by Miles)...


Rosie:  "We can get our new friend Gordon when Miles goes poo-poo on the potty!"
Edward:  "Yes!  He's at K-Mart like me!" (note: Miles tagged this line of the convo with "said Edward"....too cute!)
Rosie:  "And when Miles goes poo-poo on the potty FIVE TIMES, he gets another TOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYY!" 


Oh my...

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

Love this! We used the exact same bribery when we were at that stage...his train collection expanded quite a bit, due to the incredibly long time it took to move past diapers and pull-ups. Yay, Miles!!

Samantha said...

WooooooHoooooo!!!

Yay for Thomas {and KitKats, in our case... though, I'm thinking a week with no accidents might warrant a new Thomas in our house!} as REWARDS for poo-poo!

And, to paraphrase your Dear Roomie, Sonja: it's only bribery if you give in. ♥

faith buss said...

You girls know just what we're going through! :)

Cathryn said...

That is so sweet!! Makes me remember my sons and their love of Thomas the Tank Engine! We still have them! I should get them out to see what 18 and 15 yr olds will do with them now!!
I know they remember the videos, the favorite around here was Thomas and the Dirty Ditch.

Sonja said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! Way to go Miles, and Edward, and Rosie...and Mommy!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts