Thursday, July 1, 2010

Kinder Gardens Entry {Week 12.}

Kinder Gardens :: Week 12

Inadvertent Farmer

{Prepare for a quite random peek into the garden.}

We've had so many tomatoes!  Miles made some goodie bags and we filled them with tomatoes to give away.  Don't ask me why he's wearing sunglasses.  I dunno.


This morning when I went out to water, I gasped and yelled out-loud.... 
"A WATERMELON!" 


 It's teeny tiny! The size of a ping pong ball.  And there's another one smaller than that.  
So stinkin' cute!  

We've got lots of little BUTTERNUT SQUASH! 


And, of course, more TOMATOES.  Miles is showing off one of the yellow pear shaped ones.  They're like candy!  Tasty.


OKRA!  



Things are lookin' good after a rain this week.  



Oh, and I've been on a basil kick.  


I've made pesto a few times.  
Even pesto pizza!  


And just 'cause I love her little fingers so....

4 comments:

Cathryn said...

Beautiful post as usual!

PESTO! Oh I can hardly wait! I have to grow my basil in the green house, I should probably take a pic of it...

You really have a ton of tomatoes! The decorated bag was just perfect! Who did you share with?

Congrats on your newest arrival-the watermelon! So cool!

Kirsten said...

I'd recognize those sunglasses anywhere! Love the teeny tiny watermelon - adorably cute! The purple-ish basil is beautiful, too.

Sonja said...

too many tomatoes??? not possible! :-) I'll help take 'em off your hands, if you need someone else to help eat them!

inadvertent farmer said...

Your posts are something I so look forward to each week...my weekly dose of beauty!

Your baby watermelon is just precious...I would have yelled too!

Have fun with all the tomatoes, I picked my first just a couple of days ago.

Thanks for your always lovely posts! Kim

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts