***
If you have a newborn or know someone who does, the Miracle Blanket is a must.
www.miracleblanket.com
So there’s my plug for this amazing, life saving invention. OK, maybe not life saving, but when you’re a sleep deprived new parent, it sure feels like it.
Once Miles was big and strong enough to wiggle out of the retarded attempts Britton and I made to swaddle him in a regular blanket, we tried this creation. But let me first back up. You may be wondering why the heck you need to swaddle a baby.
Babies sleep cycles are much shorter and more numerous than adults. They spend much more time in light sleep than adults do and they have many more of those in-between stages of brief awakenings. When adults go through those stages, they easily change position, shift and fall back asleep. Babies don’t have that ability built in, so they just flounder around and…usually wake all the way up by smacking themselves in the face. Some nights Miles Rocky Balboa-ed himself conscious multiple times. Additionally, since doctors recommend that babies sleep on their backs these days, if their little arms are left out of the effects of a swaddle, they experience what must feel to them like a free-fall about 4 times an hour.
These things are not acceptable. They do not promote sleep.
It should be duly noted that baby Jesus was wrapped in swaddling clothes. Luke 2:12 (KJV). WWJD? Swaddle the baby.
So back to this contraption. It’s basically a straight jacket for babies. You can see how it works here…
http://www.miracleblanket.com/instructions.htm
Many a time, I have walked in the nursery to check on Miles and found him lying in the crib with his legs straight up in the air, tossing his head back and forth. Unable to fully flail, he promptly drifts back off to deep sleep.
Amazing.
I must confess that I initially made my own version of the miracle blanket. I wanted to be sure it worked before I dropped $29.95 on the real deal. Ignoring the warning - “Note: Any unauthorized reproduction of this product will result in legal action.” - I sewed one in an afternoon. I justified it by promising that if it worked I would buy one for all my pregnant friends in the future. After one night of successful sleep, Britton and I dubbed it the “Thank-You-Jesus-Blanket” (since there would be legal action for calling it the aforementioned M_____ Blanket). Not only did it work, it was a like... a miracle.
www.miracleblanket.com
So there’s my plug for this amazing, life saving invention. OK, maybe not life saving, but when you’re a sleep deprived new parent, it sure feels like it.
Once Miles was big and strong enough to wiggle out of the retarded attempts Britton and I made to swaddle him in a regular blanket, we tried this creation. But let me first back up. You may be wondering why the heck you need to swaddle a baby.
Babies sleep cycles are much shorter and more numerous than adults. They spend much more time in light sleep than adults do and they have many more of those in-between stages of brief awakenings. When adults go through those stages, they easily change position, shift and fall back asleep. Babies don’t have that ability built in, so they just flounder around and…usually wake all the way up by smacking themselves in the face. Some nights Miles Rocky Balboa-ed himself conscious multiple times. Additionally, since doctors recommend that babies sleep on their backs these days, if their little arms are left out of the effects of a swaddle, they experience what must feel to them like a free-fall about 4 times an hour.
These things are not acceptable. They do not promote sleep.
It should be duly noted that baby Jesus was wrapped in swaddling clothes. Luke 2:12 (KJV). WWJD? Swaddle the baby.
So back to this contraption. It’s basically a straight jacket for babies. You can see how it works here…
http://www.miracleblanket.com/instructions.htm
Many a time, I have walked in the nursery to check on Miles and found him lying in the crib with his legs straight up in the air, tossing his head back and forth. Unable to fully flail, he promptly drifts back off to deep sleep.
Amazing.
I must confess that I initially made my own version of the miracle blanket. I wanted to be sure it worked before I dropped $29.95 on the real deal. Ignoring the warning - “Note: Any unauthorized reproduction of this product will result in legal action.” - I sewed one in an afternoon. I justified it by promising that if it worked I would buy one for all my pregnant friends in the future. After one night of successful sleep, Britton and I dubbed it the “Thank-You-Jesus-Blanket” (since there would be legal action for calling it the aforementioned M_____ Blanket). Not only did it work, it was a like... a miracle.

Tell your friends to buy a Miracle Blanket. Or get one for the next baby shower you attend. It’s definitely worth the $29.95. And maybe through this effort I can avoid legal action.
***
I love that little blanket. Works like a charm.

2 comments:
Yep. I had bought a Miracle Blanket before I had read your post on MySpace... even then I was a believer. It really DOES work like a charm! And, ironically, I've already ordered another one so I'll have a back-up for Ellie. Granted, I probably could have made one like you did, but my to do list is already a mile long!
And, you inspired me to write my own "must have" blog post today! ;)
I have to agree!! I love my Swaddle Me. Katie sleeps like a champ in it. Didn't have one with Jackson...perhaps would have saved my sanity if I had!!
Glad she's a much better sleeper than Miles was. Lucky for both of us, seems like our sweet girls are a little easier on their mommies than their big brothers!
Post a Comment