Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

First off, I must say WELCOME HOME! to.....

(drum roll please)


Elizabeth Lenore Buss
- Ella -
8 lbs. 8 oz.
May 11, 2009



"How did we arrive at that name", you ask?

"It wasn't even on the list!", you say?

About a week and a half ago, my dear husband sweetly woke up from a dream and told me that he dreamed about using part of his Grandma Buss' name somehow because "she represents everything I love about family". So back to the drawing board we went.

Elizabeth, as you know, was our choice for a middle name. It stems from grandparents on both sides of our family and is a classic name choice. Shortening Elizabeth was something we wanted to do if it became her first name, and Ella happened to be the name of my Grandpa Savoy's mother. Lenore was Grandma Buss' middle name.

We weren't 100% sure until we saw her, but the choice is perfect for our little Ella. It's a name full of a heritage of love. And...

We. Love. It.

********

I love to make things.

But I have a history of screwing homemade things up.

I've left the sugar out of sugar cookies.

I can't tell you how many cakes I've put in the oven only to find 2 eggs left sitting on the counter when I turned around.

I've biffed on sewing projects, scrapbook pages and attempts at arts and crafts.

The quilt I've been working on for Ella is not square nor do the squares line up.

But.....





I'm thinking, I make stinkin' perfect kids.



Oh, yeah I do.

7 comments:

Ari said...

Yay! Congrats! I've been wondering when she'd come! She is beautiful.

Ari

Samantha said...

Absolutely perfect!! :)

She's darling and I love the name {I'm a big fan of family names!}.

Way to go Faith and way to be there Britton!

Janet said...

What a beautiful baby girl!!!
Ella is such a beautiful name for her. I can't wait to meet my new great-niece and Sara and Molly can't wait to meet their new cousin.
We love you so much and so thankful.

Anonymous said...

Okay... you HAVE to stop making me cry!

Brandi said...

love love love!

Lei said...

Hey girl congrats!!! She is beautiful. Love the name.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea... We all think our kids are perfect... Btu I must say yours are amongst the prettiest I've ever seen next to my own!!! Glad to see pictures!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts