Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Guys. I'm feeling bad.

B. A. D.

And not the Michael Jackson kind of bad. The I-have-officially-given-my-dogs-the-shaft kind of bad.

You see, CJ and Deuce used to rule the roost.


CJ at Gracie's birthday party in 2002.


Riding shotgun in the Jeep.

Britton and I were young little whipper-snappers and we didn't mind a bit. They were our "kids".





But in April of 2007, the doggies moved outside to live. There were many reasons, all of which revolved around this guy....



Miles - April 2007


Before Miles...



After Miles...





They've been staying with my mom and Gracie through the move. But today, Britton went to pick them up and bring them home to their new little yard. It's a fenced area 20 yards from the house. It's nice and shady, has a brand new dog house complete with their comfy bed....

They hate it. They've been barking all evening. They're saying "Hey! Mom! Please let us come inside with you!!...what have we done to deserve this hell!?"

I'm not sure I can live with myself. And I hope they're still there in the morning.

In Pauls Valley, we had concrete under every inch of fence. They weren't going anywhere. But tonight, CJ's already dug a bit under this new fencing.

I'm praying they'll settle in. 'Cause they're in this together.



And as much as I love those dogs and wish things could be like they used to be, I'm just gonna have to focus on the 2 things that put this all into perspective for me.

1. The dirty kid who needs a bath and pj's.
2. The kid who'll begin her journey into the world tomorrow evening! (1 week later than she was supposed to I might add! - sheesh!)

Sunday, May 10th Update - I finally felt completely at home last night because I could hear CJ barking...

No comments:

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts