I was upstairs putting Emmett down for a nap.
The big two were downstairs.
The day before, Aunt Heather had brought Ella a green feather boa.
I heard giggling and laughter.
I heard Ella's toy Dyson vacuum cleaner.
I heard more giggling and the sound of running feet.
Eventually, I came down the stairs to find this.
Only it wasn't just this.
It was the two of them running circles in this.
Because they figured out how to make it fly.
As they ran circles, the feathers flew up into the air.
That means for every green speck you see, there were 1,768 more.
They had apparently tried to clean it up before I found them.
That's why I heard Ella's Dyson.
But the mess proved too much. Too much to clean. And too hard to resist.
It looked like a giant green bird lost a long, hard fought battle in our kitchen.
I will be finding green feathers for years to come.



1 comment:
Are you still finding those feathers?? I will admit that this made me giggle!
Post a Comment