I have some pretty awesome friends.
And they threw me a baby shower for #3!
I really couldn't believe it. I didn't know you got showers for #3s.
M's art teacher/My friend Leanne drew the artwork for the invitations.
It pretty much nails our crazy little crew.
You KNOW if I lived in a tree, there'd be a fabric banner hanging there.
And the personality of each little owl is dead on!
The invite was just the beginning of the enormous attention to detail paid to this amazing shower.
Invitations asked friends to come help us "fluff our nest"
and the decor was on point with this theme.
Friends Debbie & Sarah hand knit the little owls!
My sister-in-law, Heather, made this fabric garland. So cute!
Leanne also created this monstrosity "nest" for placing gifts.
I wish I could have seen everyone's faces when she drove up to the house with this...
Pretty sure she narrowly escaped jail time in pursuit of some of these gorgeous branches.
The dreamy photos were taken by my friend and photographer, Suzy (www.bohemianperspective.com).
I'm so glad she was able to capture all the little details. Though I did get a few minutes to walk around and soak it all in, there was just too much going on to remember everything. I treasure these pics because they remind me of all the love and cuteness that went into everything!
I collect antique kitchen scales. You might think kitchen scales don't have much to do with nests, owls, birds and eggs. But they everything to do with ME! That's how the whole shower was.
Soooooo "me".
My friend Carrie has a beautiful home. She's always gracious to open the doors for showers and special events.
It was a 10:00 am shower, so waffles and smoothies were on the brunch menu.
The girls knew it would freak me out to have to sit in a circle and open presents with all eyes on me. That's why they created the nest and presents were brought unwrapped for display. MUCH better that way in my opinion. More visiting. Less looking at me.
Tied on top of the "Notes for Faith" bird cage was a little surprise gift for me from the hostesses.
A gift card to Eddie Bauer!!! (there are no baby things at Eddie Bauer, y'all!)
It's a favorite store of mine. Also, I've declared to the world that there will be a bon fire in which I burn all my old clothes once this baby weight is gone. They were really listening!
Yay for a new wardrobe in my future!
My best girl, Ella, accompanied me to the shower. She was slightly overwhelmed by all the people and commotion (don't know where she gets that) so this is the best smile we got from her. You should know that she dressed herself for the day. Princess dress, sweater, tights and cowboy boots.
She opened a few of the presents that were wrapped.
My mom and sis were there too.
And just in case you're not impressed yet, here's one more example of the attention to detail....
Mom bought this necklace for me for Christmas from Etsy. I've worn it several times since then. A little sterling silver bird and a nest with 3 turquoise eggs.
This hair pin was at the shower for me....made by my friend, Debbie, because she'd seen the necklace. It matched what I was wearing perfectly!
I made a bit of apple butter for each of the hostesses and filled a little brown paper sack with goodies.
But they all deserved a weekend at the spa for the creativity, love and work they put into making the day so special for me and Baby #3.
Not sure how I got so lucky as to have such sweet, amazing, talented women to call friends.
*******
PS - My "Miles Shower" was pre blog and hosted by an entirely different group of amazing women in Pauls Valley. I feel as if I should go back and blog about how wonderful it was as well. But it was also pre digital camera, so that probably won't happen. Love you girls too!
PSS - Ella didn't have a shower since we moved right before she was born. I cashed in those points to have a team of people help us move into and clean our new house on the day she was due. I gushed about that HERE.





























4 comments:
It's so great to "see" you again! And I will rest assured that you have plenty of wonderful people taking care of you in real-time!
Fantastic ideas and deco, I particularly love the "nest" idea and bringing the gifts unwrapped for display. Better for the landfill, better for chatting, better for the guest of honor! win-win-win!
Love you accessories, love the scale, love everthing!
Congrats!
When is your due date?
Thanks! April 15th. Both M & E were late babies. I think I deserve a bit of an early go at it this time, don't you? Let's go Easter baby!!!
So glad I got to come by for a little bit! I can't wait for baby buss #3 to be here :) Love you all :)
I pushed for an early PV shower so that maybe you'd be able to make it lol.
Lovely beautiful shower! You are glowing, with a beautiful baby bump! Congrats!
Post a Comment