Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy.

{I'm just really so very thankful for all your kind and encouraging words following Mondays post.  You guys are the best!  Everyone has days like that, I just hoped my sharing might make you all bawl bags like me encourage someone who needed it.}

Did you know that the first day of spring is March 20th?  
My yard thinks it's already here.
  
Rose bush.

Red bud.

Mystery bulbs.  Can't remember what these are...

A mum that's coming back!

Pretty sure this a Bradford Pear tree.

So after a good dose of train playing this morning...   


we headed out to get a few more seeds, soil additive and some onions.  Miles couldn't stop talking about carrot seeds the whole time...so we got some of those.  "I looooooove carrots Mommy!"  Hope they grow bigger than the last ones we planted...


I can't wait for the kids to get up from their naps!!


4 comments:

Kirsten said...

oh! i love those spring pics - and the ADORABLE one of your little bean asleep. awww....

i have just started seeing signs of life around here - hooray for little green things!

can i ask what kind of wood you used to make your raised beds last year? i didn't realize there was such a huge (heated) debate over whether to use untreated or treated wood. just curious what you used and whether you liked it...

have fun planting your seeds and onions!

p.s. i really enjoyed your post from monday - i didn't comment, but i'm so glad you shared. what wonderful memories, and what an amazing and awesome way to remember your dad.

Nicole said...

I am so so so excited to read all of the upcoming Buss garden updates! It's a simple kind of joy. :) (And I am excited to see what the mystery bulbs turn out to be. I guess forgetting isn't always an irritating thing!)

The author said...

Oh the joys of a yard with stuff springing forth! The mystery bulbs look like surprise lilies to me, but since they are are so little yet, it could be something drastically different like daffodils! Some of trees have decided it's spring here too.

faith buss said...

Kirsten -
I used untreated lumber for the beds (much to my husbands dismay). I'm not super-duper-organic-nazi or anything, it just felt right. ;) Didn't use treated for anything that would touch the soil. But the fence? Tooootally treated.

I like them just fine. Ultimately they won't last as long at the treated I guess, but I expect to get 3-5 years at least. One bed is lumber I moved from my mother's house. She had her beds 2 years...I recycled her lumber last summer when she got ready for a move...so that bed has seen 3 summers and it's in great condition.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Popular Posts