Tuesday, April 13, 2010

M's birthday week {fun thing #1.}

Ben & Emma came for a sleepover Monday night.  

We ate enough sweets to last the whole week.  But it's only day #1 of birthday week.  Sheesh.


All agreed they were glad Britton wasn't home from work yet to share the chocolate chip cookies dough licking duties.


{I botched the focus on some of these pics....sorry.  It was difficult to build hotdogs and s'mores, chase a baby, keep the nearly 3 year old away from the fire and take pictures at the same time.  There were ashes flying on my blanket, roasting sticks catching on fire and hot dogs dropping in the pit, thirsty children (I totally forgot about drinks), sticky marshmallows getting on my lens.  You know....craziness. If you hire me as your photographer, I promise not to botch the focus...  Who am I kidding?  I can't promise anything.  Except that you'll get my full attention.  And do-overs should we need them.}



The hot dogs were a H-I-T.


 
{just kidding....}


The marshmallows and s'mores were also a H-I-T.

{what is B doing?}



When packing for her stay, Heather (Emma & Ben's mom) asked Emma....

"Have you got everything?  Would you like to take a doll?"

Emma responded...

"Why do I need a doll?  I'll have Ella!"

Pretty sure a doll would not have picked your nose dear one.


And this one.....



...playing basketball together.  Oh my heart.  They will grow.  And we'll look back on this when they're teenagers and boo-hoo.  At least Heather and I will.  {But then we'll be like, "want to go garage sale-ing?  Bye kiddos.  Don't burn down the house.}

And the photo that proves I do actually exist...  


I'm on a mission to make B take these more and more when we do fun things.  Excuse the 'fro.

Miles got to open a present.  A "Thomas DBD".


We made pallets on the floor in the living room and watched it.


Miles ended up sleeping in his bed.  He couldn't handle the sleepover.  Never did settle down.  Ben crashed.  Emma would've crashed.  But at 10:45 pm, Miles was still getting up and being goofy.  He jumped up in my lap on the couch and said.... "Momma, I go my bed now."

Birthday Week Fun Thing #1.  Check.

1 comment:

Erin B. said...

I wanna have a sleepover!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts