Monday, April 12, 2010

birthdays {the beginning.}

Today unofficially kicks off a month of birthdays.  Check out all the birthdays coming up in our immediate family/might-as-well-be family.

Grahmm (cousin/nephew) - April 14th
Miles - April 16th
Brandon (Britton's brother) - April 19th
Britton - April 21st
Sonja (BFF from college) - April 28th
Me - May 4th
Rachel (my sis) - May 9th
Ella - May 11th
Sara (my cousin) - May 13th

Did I miss anyone?  I bet I did.  This is too much to remember...and that was off the top of my head.

Instead of a big party this year, we've decided to make every day this week a little bit special for Miles.  Birthday week will culminate with his first trip to the zoo on Saturday and a birthday lunch with the grandparents after church on Sunday.

In addition to special activities and treats each day this week, I plan to put up homemade decorations around the house.

Today's decoration is brought to you by: "Like I don't have enough to do, but I made this burlap birthday garland..."  


I cut 5"ish squares.


I stitched up the edges with a contrasting color on the sewing machine.  To keep them from unraveling anymore.  They're unravel-y little boogers.


I painted letters on them with Apple Barrel paints.  'Cause it's all I had.  

On a totally unrelated note and at the other end of the dining table....


I got all these buttons at a garage sale for $5.  Some of them are really old and way cute.  


The garland turned out just like I imagined.  



It makes me....


Happy.

Which is the theme of this month.

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I love the garland. And happy birthday to Miles on Wednesday. (or this week, as the case may be)!!

alisha said...

love the garland. love the red wall behind it. covet the buttons. :) good find! april/may is super full of bdays around here as well!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts