Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Money saving tip of the day: GARAGE SALE

I've spent maybe $30-$35 at a few garage sales this spring. And look at the clothes that are piling up for baby girl.






I did the same thing with Miles. We lucked into one particular garage sale (when he was about 4 months old) where I got like-new clothes for about $1 each. I spent $65 and he's still wearing the clothes I stocked up on. We've hardly had to buy anything full price. He's sported Converse, Nike, Merrell, Children's Place, and Gap among others during his two years on this planet... all for a mere fraction of actual retail price.

Many of the baby girl things still have price tags on them...



And this pair of brand new Nike sandals have never been taken out of the box...



$4.00

They'll fit Miles this summer.

I would have easily spent $35 on 2 or 3 items at the mall.



This is the face of a daddy who is overwhelmed by the pink. I made him lay on the bed while I showed him every single purchase.



Maybe he's overwhelmed at how truly, outrageously awesome his wife is for embracing this opportunity to save him money. All while getting the need to shop out of her system.

Oh, and one more thing.



This is what happens when you forget to put the pile of clothes up before Miles finds them.....


No comments:

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts