Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Miles dove off the front porch steps today.

He usually waits for me. But he's getting bolder, and can actually do it by himself. I just like to be right there.... just in case.

Well, I was locking the front door and he decided to go by himself. He was carrying his big Mac truck and I think it threw his balance off.

I turned around just in time to see the head-first tumble onto the concrete...

It was bad for a moment.... I kinda freaked out. Guilt, heart-ache, tears.

Miles also freaked out. Large goose-egg, screaming, tears... but mostly over the fact that he dropped Mac and the truck & trailer came apart.

He's a tough little guy. As soon as we fixed Mac, he was good to go.



I'm so thankful to have a healthy, happy little boy. I cry every time I see the St. Jude's commercial on tv. So please don't think I'm flippant about something as minor as a goose egg and a couple of eye scrapes. I really was torn up about it. And I really am very, extremely, totally thankful it wasn't worse. Some would say, "welcome to the world of boys". I'm not sure if I can handle it...

***

There are tornados in Oklahoma today. It's February. Flower and lawn weeds are also blossoming in my back yard. I'm afraid they've been punked. Winter is not over. Though today has felt very much like an April day.

***

Off I go to knit. I got a new book in the mail today. Baby Beanies by Amanda Keeyes. I've been impatiently waiting on it.



She's an Australian children's photographer who picked up knitting a couple of years ago. She likes to knit hats as fun and colorful props for the kids she photographs. She wrote the patterns and photographed all 20 something hats in her book. Sounds right up my alley...

I'll be sure to post things when I finish them. (Assuming they actually look like they are supposed to...)

F.

No comments:

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts