
She gets where she wants to go these days... but sometimes she does get stuck, the little turkey.
****
Been working on my list.....
:: make and decorate christmas sugar cookies
:: make a christmas fabric garland
:: go look at neighborhood christmas lights
:: drink hot chocolate with marshmallows on top
:: watch Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas
:: build a snowman (c'mon snow... if it's gonna be this cold, might as well snow!)
:: finish wrapping gifts
:: holiday family photo shoot
:: make christmas cards
:: mail christmas cards
:: get some christmas cards
:: watch Scrooge
:: tell stories of childhood christmas
:: knit myself a new hat and scarf
:: read the christmas story (from the Bible) to Miles
:: play scrabble by tree-light
:: make gift tags
:: finish E's quilt
:: learn Christmas Time is Here on piano
It's not looking promising for a few of these things...i.e. Ella's quilt and learning ALL that song on the piano.....there is a chance, however, for the snowman...
And there's also a chance I've accomplished several things that aren't on my list because I just flit around and come up with new things to do all day, all the while forgetting my priorities.
Saturday afternoon, I successfully decorated some of the ugliest Christmas cookies you've ever laid your eyes on....
I would tell you that Miles did the ugly ones, but he was asleep. It was all me.
In my defense, I didn't have all the proper tools. Martha Stewart would have been appalled by my lack of cookie decorating supplies.
This one's my favorite. His arm fell off when I moved him from the cookie sheet to the rack for cooling.
We also had another Christmas party for the Heritage Church youth group...
I'm officially retired from partying this holiday season. I'm pooped.
Don't I look tired in this christmas-card-photo-shoot-reject picture?
Britton also looks tired. And irritated that I made him take yet another christmas card picture..... but that's another story for another time... {**wink, wink**}
As I've continued to work on knitting projects for Christmas gifts, Miles has decided he wants to knit as well. So I gave him some yarn and needles....
Everyone should know that shortly after this photo, the needles became weapons and the yarn was laid out like a "twain twack". Just as I expected....He's all boy.
But, he definitely has his sweet moments...
This is how he laid in bed Saturday morning watching cartoons.
Be still my heart...






No comments:
Post a Comment