Sunday, August 2, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009

WARNING: This post contains a good amount of parental bragging. If you can't take another second of me bragging on my kids, I suggest you stop reading now.

When this came on the television yesterday...



my 2 year old (27 months) pointed to the screen and said "G-O!".

He knows his letters quite well. He'll bring me the letter magnets that he knows off the fridge and say "Y" or "E". He's very good at recognizing specific ones, and everything else is "H".

So I made this coloring sheet for today.


We're going to start working on the alphabet more and more. When I gave him the sheet, he pointed to the letters and said "A...and yittle 'a', momma".



Then he began to color the "triangle, momma". Genius kid. I just wanted him to get the letter down. But he also found a shape!



Look how sweet his little hands are... And the concentration.

When he colors, he's very organized. There's purpose behind what he's doing. It's not random.

Check these out.





(Of course, they're train coloring sheets! What else would they be?)

I don't know if these steps are ahead of the curve and I really don't care. I just think it's amazing to watch the development of this little human being. It's exciting every day.

3 comments:

sonja said...

umm, yes, they are ahead of the curve. That's wonderful, though! I love his grip on the crayon, very appropriate for his age, and that he is coloring in specific things rather than a random scribble!!

sorry, couldn't help but give my expert OT opinion ;-) figured you wouldn't mind!

Great work, Miles! (and mom)!!

faith buss said...

People pay big bucks for your expert opinion! I'm glad to have it! :)

Erin B. said...

He's so smart! I want to come see y'all as soon as I'm over this cough.

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts