Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Had a full and exciting day with a 2 year old birthday boy. I am seriously BEAT.

After playing all morning, we had lunch in Seminole with Aunt Rachel at Lunch & Such. I put Miles in the car at 12:00pm. By 12:08pm he was crashed out in the backseat and I had to drive around forever so he'd at least get a bit of a nap today.


PS - That's the finished train pillow.

So I found myself looking for flowers to photograph while he slept. 'Bout the only colorful things I could find were these Indian Paintbrushes (well, without going into people's yards... that might have freaked them out).



Wish you could have seen me laying on my side in the ditch to get this pic. All my favorite photographers suggest new and different angles when photographing landscapes and flowers. Well, they're obviously not 37.8 weeks pregnant. I'll do "new and different angles" just as soon as possible people.

Back to the events of the day...


Lemonade and a "traaaaaaaain hat".


Strawberry cheesecake sno-cone.

Lots of fun at the park after dad got off work...



What kind of mother puts white pants on a little boy she's taking to the park? Go figure.





Oh, and by the way. My husband arranged for Lindsi to stop by the park on her way to Edmond and give me a killer back massage. I was in heaven. She's the best. Really.


My heroes.

While I was getting the back rub of a lifetime, Britton played hard with Miles.

I'm normally right in the big fat middle of caring for my son. Even when his daddy is around. 'Cause, well, mommies just do things differently than daddies. (better/safer/better).

Does anyone else see what is about to go wrong in this picture?


(click on pic to enlarge. did you know you could do that mom?)

It happened a couple of times. As you can tell, all I did about it was pick up my mega zoom lens and capture it from across the park. I was getting that back rub, you see. Later, I'll use these photographs to make a PowerPoint presentation for Britton on the do's and don'ts of safely playing with children the way that their mother would.

Notice anything about this one?



How about the fact that my son has just been launched off the teeter totter and my husband is cracking up laughing.

"2-year olds are tough, mom. We just dust off and get back on."



Disclaimer: I have read Wild at Heart by John Eldredge, appreciated it very much, and know that getting beat in the head with a rocking dinosaur and being thrown off the teeter totter by his father are the very fierce, passionate and wild experiences necessary to grow Miles into the man God created him to be. Blah, blah, blah. John Eldredge also said I'd react like this. I'm his mother for pete's sake.




So my little boy is 2.

I won't lie. I cried. I just couldn't help it. It's the strangest sensation of pride and joy, yet sadness and longing. I just want to bust everyday at how cute and smart and big he's getting. I also know these days will be gone all too quickly. So I pray to take in and savor every single second of this cute little kid's life.




Happy Birthday Miles!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Happy Birthday Dear Miles!!!


{And Faith, I totally understand. ;) }

Lindsi said...

Lol, my hair looks awful. I'm glad I got to stop by! One of these days I'll have to come see the cute little yellow house!

sherrieb said...

I've determined that when Brian is letting the boys "be boys", I just have to walk away and not watch.

BTW - tears in my eyes again as I read - your blogs just kill me! And you have NO IDEA just how fast it's gonna go, so HANG ON to every minute you get with him and his little sister.

Mrs. Tucker said...

I laughed so hard I cried at those pictures! Thanks!

Pages - Menu

Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Popular Posts