Friday night we attended Disney's Beauty & the Beast musical put on by nearby Choctaw High School.
Ella was giddy all day. And she didn't even really understand what we were doing.
My childhood youth minister's daughter, Karly, was a part of the cast and so we were able to land seats front and center. (Thanks again, Kristi!!)
This is Ella.
In the FRONT, CENTER seat.
Karly was cast as one of the "Silly Girls" who fawn all over Gaston. She and the other Silly Girls were hilarious!
{Karly is the to the right of Gaston in the orange dress.}
I cannot even begin to describe the level of Disney magic that was on that stage.
I couldn't believe I was at a high school production. These kids were FABULOUS!
I can recite and perform every line from Beauty and the Beast.
I fully intended to be disappointed in at least one of the characters.
Not. At. All.
The acting, singing, choreography and costumes were perfect!
The play didn't start until 7:30pm. Ella is usually in bed by 8:00pm at the latest. So her sad little face in the following photos is a result of it being after 10:30pm.
Poor Gaston. I told him that the fact that she looked at him like that proved he was VERY good at his role.
Ella later said "He wasn't very awesome or pretty and I don't like Gaston because he is not a very good character, no m'am!"
Here's our favorite Silly Girl. Goodness, Ella looks so unhappy. Just tired, promise.
We had so much fun, we went back the next night and took Miles. Our seats weren't as close, but they enjoyed it even still.
Ella would lean over and tell me what was about to happen at each turn. My favorite was when she leaned over and said "The Beast is going to change his attitude!" as he and Belle developed their friendship and then when a rose petal fell toward the end and she yelled "Oh no! Hurry Beast!!"
***photos of the play provided by Karly's super proud madre, Kristi Hazelrigg***











No comments:
Post a Comment