This week we had enough things ready for picking that it was time to break out the shopping carts.
Our carrots are miracles. Every single one.
I helped Miles plant them when I was 53 weeks pregnant. I could barely bend over. They basically got thrown in the dirt and then a monsoon happened the next day. I was sure they had all washed away, but...
And after such a hot and unsuccessful summer in 2011, we're so happy to see cukes coming off the vine!
We've been eating radishes, lettuce and spinach for weeks, and now we have carrots, zucchini, squash and even a few strawberries!
They both asked to eat a carrot "just like a rabbit" as soon as we got in the house (at like 9:30 in the morning...yay for getting excited over vegetables!).
"I grew it myself". - M
"I'm like a bunny. A PINK bunny!" - E
I just love how much they've grown up in this garden of ours.









4 comments:
hooray! the shopping carts are being put to good use again! i think i will garden vicariously through your family this year...we can't seem to get out there AT ALL. we are growing a fine crop of weeds, but that's about it.
p.s. i love watching your kids grow through your blog. can't believe how much they've changed in just a couple of short years!!
Little Sister, Princess and I scrolled all the way back through Miles birthday--they wanted to see everything they had missed and were thrilled to see all the fun your kids are having!
Thanks for showing a bit of your garden. I am going through Kindergarden withdrawls....whatever happened to The Inadvertent Gardener? Does anyone know??
It's hard to imagine you are already harvesting cukes, I haven't even planted mine yet! We are still in the upper 40's at night and I can't put those out yet.
LOL at the 53 weeks pregnant comment!! (It took me a second though!)
Have a wonderful summer!
Little Sister, Princess and I scrolled all the way back through Miles birthday--they wanted to see everything they had missed and were thrilled to see all the fun your kids are having!
Thanks for showing a bit of your garden. I am going through Kindergarden withdrawls....whatever happened to The Inadvertent Gardener? Does anyone know??
It's hard to imagine you are already harvesting cukes, I haven't even planted mine yet! We are still in the upper 40's at night and I can't put those out yet.
LOL at the 53 weeks pregnant comment!! (It took me a second though!)
Have a wonderful summer!
You put us all to shame! You were pregnant and still managed to plant a garden. Cute photos as usual. :)
Post a Comment